$60,000 – $79,000
Blue Sky Booking is seeking an ambitious creator to join our team as a UI Designer. Your mission – transform the experience of our well-loved, feature rich applications through implementation of sophisticated, visually intuitive interfaces for airline crew and passengers.
Blue Sky Booking has been a part of the West Coast aviation and tourism industry since 2001, serving Vancouver’s iconic airlines Harbour Air Seaplanes and HeliJet through our reservation and sales distribution services. Blue Sky Booking offers a generous benefits package, and some remote work is possible.
- Work with our small cross-functional team to conceptualize responsive, human-centered cross-platform native apps, desktop applications, websites, and graphic assets.
- Create and maintain new style guides, UI pattern libraries, and design systems that can be customized with client brandings.
- Facilitate co-design sessions with internal SMEs, airline customers and passengers.
- Design with considerations for A | B testing, feature flagging, and identification of UI interactions for returning user behavior to our research system.
- Create wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes to validate and iterate designs with stakeholders.
- Ensure new components and designs meet WCAG and WAI-ARIA accessibility standards.
- Implement your ideas with developers, conduct usability testing, validate design decisions.
Applicants must be willing to provide a criminal record check.
If you do not exactly meet the following requirements, we still welcome your application:
- Degree or diploma in design related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in UI design or related field such as marketing or web development.
- Figma, Photoshop, Illustration, HTML, CSS.
- Bonus for experience with UI Kit (iOS), Widgets(Android), Catalyst (MacOS), App SDK & WinUI3 (Windows).
- Strong attention to detail, natural artistic abilities, exceptional communication, and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with agile methodologies with a track record of delivering your idea from concept to production.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Portfolio demonstrating your strengths and artistic abilities.
You will be a great fit for Blue Sky Booking if you share our values, which are:
- Pursue Greatness
- Take Responsibility
- Be Loyal
- Have Fun
Blue Sky Booking is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Blue Sky Booking makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
We thank all applicants for their interest and commit to responding to every applicant who submits a resume.