The Junior Software Developer works under the direction of the VP of Technology with the development team to create new software, update existing software, contribute to documentation, provide support to clients, and contribute ideas, insights, and recommendations to advance the strategic objectives of the Technology Department and Blue Sky Booking.
- Write code to contribute to new features and applications.
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Collaborate to implement/launch technical designs.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Follow security policies set forth by the VP of Technology.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material to documentation specialist.
- Provide support to clients when tickets are escalated from the support department.
- Continue skill growth by engaging in mentorship with senior Blue Sky developers.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient coding skills (1 year +) in C#, jQuery, CSS, HTML, MVC.
- Experience using relevant tool suites (Azure, DevOps)
- Database programming experience with Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working with clients.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.