Oversee the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of core software and web projects. Ensure the successful completion of all software projects, managing and motivating software developers and other team members, giving customer presentations, and writing project proposals. Collaborate across departments to prioritize development schedule in a way that aligns with the company’s strategy.
- Analyze business problems of our clients and help formulate technology roadmap in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work closely with senior developers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Relay timelines to stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services.
- Coordinate critical service and feature upgrades with stakeholders, notify relevant departments for seamless customer experiences.
- Create, monitor, and ensure compliance with the chosen development model, organize standups at appropriate intervals.
- Career management and development of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software development management, software engineering, computer science, or a related field or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Software Development experience with a background in C#, MVC, and Windows Forms.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in web and mobile technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, documentation, and operations.
- Experience in building and leading strong engineering teams.
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.